Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

Literary romance awaits in the Media Center

Over the past week on the announcements, you may have heard about the “Blind Date with a Book” campaign. It’s a way for the library staff to better know their books and students! Helen Cooper, East Media Tech, tells me a bit about why she wanted to do the project. “It’s impossible for us to read all of the books in our collection,” she says. “This way students can read the books and let us know what they thought about them.” The process is very simple, if you’d like to participate. First, head to the library and check out the collection of books. The colored heart corresponds with the genre of book. The profile of the book is on the front, which is just a summary. Check out the book and pick up a date card that you’ll fill out. After you’ve read the book and filled out the card, bring it back to the Media Center. When you drop in your date card, you’ll be entered to win a prize package! The package includes gift cards, movie passes, and more, but only one can win! Head down and see the lovely ladies in the Media Center, because they want you to win just as much as you do!

These bookmarks were designed by Digital Media students. Photo by Jordan Brandt

Follow-up — Last semester, we introduced the vintage candy machine purchased by librarian Jane Holt to go in the library. Now, it’s getting put to work! Students in Digital Media classes recently designed some sweet bookmarks to go in the machine. The machine up until now as had a sign displaying “Coming Soon”, so it’s great to see it coming together.

Finally, chess has been super popular in the Media Center! Staff are taking sign-ups for a chess competition. If that’s your thing, head down and sign up and don’t forget you can play at lunch! It’s a fun place to be if the cafeteria and commons aren’t your thing.