Prom Court Ready for an Unforgettable Night

It’s that time of the year again and prom is just around the corner.  With that comes the announcement of the six boys and six girls who will be making up this year’s prom court. Each year all juniors and seniors are eligible to choose their top senior girls and boys to represent East on prom court.  After those votes are tallied and the six have been announced it is then up seniors to vote for their final choice in the commons.  The winner will be announced at prom this Saturday April 22.

Those seniors making up this year’s prom court include Elise Mathes, Elyse Kohler, Lacey Jessen, Carly Book, Olivia Johnson and Alicia Zeng.  For the boys we have Jacob Schoening, Noah Shane, Miles Wilkins, Hunter Mcphail, Pete Ackerman and Micah Wilson.

Senior Elise Matthes shared her excitement and surprise when she found out she made prom court.

“It feels super crazy to be on prom court, I was quite surprised when I heard my  name on the intercom I questioned it,” said Matthes.

When I asked senior Micah Wilson about his prom court experience he said:

“It is a cool feeling to be on court.  Knowing that you have made enough of an impact on all types of students at East that most people recognize your name.”

Overall prom is one of those nights you will reflect back on years from now.  Many people look forward to prom as it is a time to get all glammed up and spend time with your friends.