Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

National Honor Society Induction

Many East High juniors, and some seniors, walked across the school’s auditorium to receive their certificate of induction to the National Honor Society on Wednesday, April 26, 2017. Roughly 169 students were accepted into NHS after applying back in January or February.

Since this organization’s main purposes are to promote scholarship, service, leadership, and character, the students were required to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in order to apply by reporting past leadership roles as well as volunteering experience. After all applications were submitted, administration teams went through the applications and voted yes or no for each student. Once the student receives three “yes”es, they are added to the list for induction. If the student does not get approved for whatever reason, NHS sponsor, Dr. Fairouz Bishara, seeks out more information on that student in order to ensure an informed “no”.

East junior Prescilla Chami was excited to be inducted into NHS. She applied because she believes, “I am a good leader and I want to improve my leadership skills. Being accepted into NHS proves that I have the ability to do great things and to be a leader.”

Chami is already a member of FBLA and HOSA, but she is excited to broaden her high school experience with the events that NHS will host in the coming year. Many students know how busy school can get but, according to its website, this organization is determined to challenge students to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service. East’s next chapter of NHS is going to be one of the biggest groups of students in the history of the school, so this coming year is definitely one to be looking forward to. Go Spartans!