Filed under 2017-2018, Local News

Weenies in the Band Field?

An amateur photo taken by one of the drum majors of the East Band early in the morning on the scaffolding in the Band Field.
Photo provided by Jack McGowan

An amateur photo taken by one of the drum majors of the East Band early in the morning on the scaffolding in the Band Field. Photo provided by Jack McGowan

Bright and early Monday August 28th at about 7:00 AM, the drum majors of the East band–Jack McGowan, Katherine Schmit, Bekah Guilford and Documentarian Madeline Schmit–were surprised to find something unexpected in their band field. Taped to the scaffolding was a large assortment of hot dogs–wieners– and all other sorts of weenies. Jack McGowan of the East drum majors reported, “I smelled it before I saw it.”

Jack went on into detail about the assortment of weenies attached to the scaffolding and the state they were in, considering the morning dew. Despite the odd addition of various wieners and previously mentioned weenie smell to their morning practice, the drum majors went on with their day.

However, on the 29th when the drum majors investigated the scaffolding, they found that all of the weenies had mysteriously disappeared. Now, the mostly likely explanation is that someone–perhaps a faculty member– went out and removed the wieners. I’d like to believe the original culprits saw the error of their ways and gave the weenies a new and better fitting home.

If any information about the origin or current whereabouts of the wieners are known, please inform us by submitting what you know in the voices section of the East High Oracle website.