Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

A Clownish Matter

A Clownish Matter

Frightening costumes, ghastly paint, and Halloween hasn’t even rolled around yet.  The latest phenomenon in Lincoln, not to mention many other cities across the nation is the presence of clowns.  Yes, but not those happy, balloon twisting fellows we all learned to love (or develop an intense fear of).  

At Southwest High School seven students pulled a prank in the height of the hysteria, and were cited by the police for disturbing the peace.  Not to mention scaring the heck out of the rest of LPS.  LPS has gone so far as to ban clown masks and costumes in school, as well as sending mass emails to parents of students that attend LPS.

Of course in the big picture events like these have caused Clown Lives Matter movement to demonstrate the clowns we all remember from our childhoods.  Peacefully showing the joy and amusement these people create for others.   With people dressing like clowns and demonstrating the psycho tendencies of “It” by Stephen King, it’s becoming hard for actual clowns who make people happy for a profession to do this.  

Overall these events need to die down, the only clown we need to worry about is the one running for office.  I think that orange paint is much scarier than the white!