East Business Clubs

East Business Clubs

Being educated in the business world is crucial knowledge.  For students here at East who are passionate about being in the business world or pursuing a career in business, there are two student organizations that are apart of Career and Technical Education which are Nationally chartered.  Those are Federal Business Leaders of America (FBLA) which is business focused, as well as marketing focused Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA).  Both of these organizations focus on business and marketing as well as competing in those areas.  The organizations here at East have State and National officers within their ranks. I got the inside scoop from Mrs. Trumble one of our several business teachers here at East and found out some good information for those interested in learning more about these organizations.

FBLA is open to students in grades 6-12 who are interested in business education or related careers.  In Nebraska over 5,800 students from 150 schools participate in the program.  If someone were to join FBLA they would gain invaluable qualities such as leadership development, career preparation, community service, networking with business and community leaders, and challenging competitions.  As for DECA, their emblem represents Competence, Innovation, Integrity and Teamwork.  The purpose behind DECA is to prepare leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance and hospitality management.

If anyone is interested in joining FBLA you can see Mrs. Anderson-Stowe, as well as any FBLA officer.  And for DECA find Mr. Maw or any DECA officer. Each club will have available their meeting dates and times in the student announcements and any student interested in seeing what the club has to offer may attend the meeting.  As the year progresses and competitions are closer the club begins to prepare to take a victory at those competitions.