Mrs. Trumble Retiring After 30 Years

Mrs. Trumble Retiring After 30 Years

Many of us get to know a lot about our teachers throughout the course of the school year, or semester.  However, many of us don’t know why they wanted to become a teacher and the journey they took.  I decided to interview one of my favorite teachers at East, one who has had a lasting impact on mine, and many others’ education: Mrs. Trumble.

KF: Where did you go to college? And what was your major?

PT: I popped around to many colleges.  I followed a well known paleontologist professor as he began digs in various areas of the nation and instructed in the colleges supporting the research on the dig.  My original major was in Physical Anthropology with focus in paleontology.

KF: Did you always know you wanted to be in the business world?

PT: Not in the sense of business… as we are all part of the world of business.  But once I changed my major I found that the intricacies of economic theory, law, accounting, marketing, and finance were intriguing as you examine the growth of nations and its people.

KF: What made you want to teach?

PT: I was a trainer in corporate business and created training materials and instructed adults in various areas.  Additionally,  I was a Sunday School Teacher and vacation bible school teacher for many years and I discovered that the energy and inquiry of the young minds opened me for a new challenge.  That challenge was to return to college to acquire a Certificate of Education!

KF: What is your favorite part about teaching at East?

PT: The continuous learning and developing of new and exciting programs of study.  Students and staff that share their time and talents every day.   I love coming to East every day and listening to the stories of the people in the building, it is EXCITING!

KF: Is there anything else you would like to add?

PT: After 30 years of teaching I will be retiring in December of this year.  The students and staff have made my East years exciting and meaningful, the hard part is to walk away from the people.  Each person has a prism and its reflection reaches others, so I walk away with MANY COLORS and filled with the light from others.

We will certainly miss seeing Mrs. Trumble throughout the halls of East lighting up peoples days. Thank you for a wonderful 30 years of teaching here at East and everyone wishes you the best in retirement!