Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

A Final Song

Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, East’s 2016 Fall Musical, featured two senior leads.  Jenna Tuckerman, and Anthony Munson.  Both have been involved with both the theatre department, and the vocal music department since their freshman year.

Tuckerman plays Milly, a bold woman who marries Munson’s character, Adam.  Yet this won’t be the first time the two have interacted on stage.  Earlier in the year the two both shared vital parts in the fall play, “The Adding Machine”.

The two are known for bringing a genuineness to the characters they portray, from a little girl in “Frankenstein” to a head over heels boy with stubborn parents in “You Can’t Take It With You.”  Tuckerman and Munson have been a critical part of the theatre program at East.

Tuckerman and Munson are also a big part of the vocal music program here at East.  Currently the two are in East’s Varsity choir, Singers.  As well as the successful varsity show choir, Express.

So the question is, what does this last musical mean to them?

“If you asked me what I would be doing in high school, I would have said singing and dancing.  And these folks had made it happen.”  Munson had said during the musical cast party.  Tuckerman expressed similar sentiments.

“The music department and theatre department has turned into such a family for me.”

So it’s time to bid these seniors farewell at their last musical here at East High.