Business Education in High School

While it may not be obvious, high school business education is way more important than many think. Business education that is geared toward high school students serves as a general introduction to available careers and success in the workplace. Undergraduate business education in college helps non-business majors teach students to communicate effectively, and help in general accounting and finance and business writing.

Taking your required business credits will help you in the long run because it builds a solid foundation for being successful in the real world.  “Our Take Charge class teaches students how to manage and protect their finances.” Says Kim Miller, a business teacher at East. Miller also says that even if someone isn’t planning on going into the business world, it is still very important to have the business savvy knowledge.  It also helps in entering the workforce.  While it is required to take one semester of business plus the take charge class your junior year, many business teachers feel like their should be more requirements or students should choose to take it as an elective.  Important skills for someone to have even if they don’t want to pursue a career in the business world are communication skills and a strong technology background.

Taking business classes in high school can only help you not hurt you.  It is crucial to pay attention now so that when you are on your own you will have a greater chance of being successful in the workplace, at home and anywhere.