Lunch Hotspots

Becoming an upperclassman has many perks; being halfway done with high school, finally knowing your way around the halls, and having the ability to leave campus for lunch. (Without getting in trouble that it is.). For most students, White or Wheat a.k.a. WOW, Valentino’s, Dairy Queen among others are popular venues students choose when they go out. However one in particular is unique: Gourmet Grill

Located in Clock Tower near 70th and A streets not far from East, Gourmet Grill’s main claim to fame is serving up gyros; which is a traditional Greek dish.  Although they have a wide ranging menu from sandwiches to salads, they even have vegetarian options.

“Gourmet Grill has unique food, in general, such as gyros,” says Lincoln East senior Olivia Johnson.

“Their menu is what makes this restaurant unique compared to other lunch spots.  And they also have a really great lunch special.”

In terms of proximity to East Gourmet Grill is just a hop, skip and a jump away over in Clock Tower which is helpful because of the short time allotted for lunch. With only a small amount of time to grab a bite to eat, due to the trek down and back up from the Seacrest parking lot, students have to head back to school shortly after sitting down to eat. And unless you have made the daring decision to go out for lunch in the middle of January with the wind blowing in your face every which way it can feel like making an ascent on Mt. Everest.

Okay maybe not but close enough.