East vs Bryan Girl’s Basketball Preview

The Lincoln East Girls Basketball team hosts Omaha Bryan on Friday, February 17, at 5:45 P.M. at Lincoln East High School, as the Spartans try to win their final regular season game.

The Spartans(16-6), have won ten out of their last eleven games, including a recent road victory against the Norfolk Panthers last Saturday.  Juniors Regan Sankey and Rachel Weber both scored 18 points, as the Spartans won 51-42 to earn their ninth road victory of the season.  

This Friday, the Omaha Bryan Bears(3-17), come into Lincoln after losing an away matchup against Papillion-Lavista South, 71-46.  

The Bears are lead in scoring this season by senior Bijony Muon who averages 11.5 ppg.  

The three teams this team has beat all year is Bellevue East, Omaha Central, and North Star.  

Spartans are lead in points by Junior Regan Sankey averaging 13.3 ppg.  As a team, the Spartans are averaging 52 ppg and are shooting 41% from the field.  

The win at Norfolk clinched the Spartans a top seven seed in districts, which means the Spartans will be hosting for the district playoffs for the second year in a row.

If the Spartans play fast and keep their offensive tempo under control, they should have no problem finding the win.  

Score Prediction:

Lincoln East: 68-50