East High Production: Epic Proportions

The+actors+of+Epic+Proportions+pose+for+the+camera+during+a+full+dress+rehearsal+of+the+show.+
The actors of Epic Proportions pose for the camera during a full dress rehearsal of the show.

This spring the East High theatre department has been producing a play called Epic Proportions. The lead actors in the play are Jenna Tuckerman, a senior, Peter Holmberg, a senior, and Jacob Shoening, also a senior.

The play is set in the 1930’s, and is about two brothers: Benny, portrayed by Peter, and Phil portrayed by Jacob, who go to the Arizona desert to work as extras in the Biblical Epic Film Exeunt Omnes, Both brothers end up falling in love with the supervisor Louise Goldman, and this leads to some brother vs brother conflict within the play. They are directed by a mysterious man D.W Dewitt. To start, all the extras are labeled in numbers one to four. The brothers both get different numbers, Benny as a four and Phil as a three. While Phil has a good experience as a three, Benny’s character, as a four, is included in all 10 plagues of the film and he has a rather unpleasant experience. Throughout the film things start to fall apart, and Phil eventually finds himself behind the camera as the director of the film, and Benny as a lead role.

To find out the end, you’ll have to go to the play! You can see it Thursday March 5th through Saturday April 1st in the East High Auditorium at 7 pm. Tickets are $5.00 for students and $7.00 for adults.