Stringing Together a Final Performance

As we begin to say goodbye to the school year, East’s orchestra presented their last concert for the year. Throughout the year, the group has performed multiple times for various audiences. Lead by director Del Whitman, the powerful music of the orchestra filled East’s auditorium for the final public performance. On Monday night, the group performed Hungarian Dance, Frolicsome Finale, and Spartacus, while collaborating with East’s band throughout the night to put on the closing performance for the school year.
“We felt the power in the music and it reflected in our performance. Through feeling the music, our playing automatically improved,” said Enya Zhu, a sophomore violinist in East’s orchestra. The orchestra has been able to accommodate the matter of a rapidly growing orchestra, expressing their ability, talent, and cohesiveness through this final performance.
The group is now preparing for the forthcoming district music competition, where they’ll compete against orchestras from across the city. The concert was in preparation for the annual competition, which is being hosted at East on Monday, April 10th. Together, they’ll showcase their work for judges throughout the day, an ultimate test of their hard work throughout the year.