Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

Post Prom- What happened?

After the big event of Prom on April 22, the Spartan Stampede post prom party was held at East High in the main hallway by the gyms. Food lined tables going down the hall and the western themed spirit was shown through cowboy hats, western themed candy on tables for the students, and bandanas as center pieces.  However eating wasn’t the only activity there for students.

There was bungee racing where 3 people put on different vests, each one attaching to the end of the bouncy house. When someone says “go” they all race to the end against the resistant bungee cord and see who can make it. There was also hamster balls, because why not? These hamster balls are clear plastic that have an entry hole in the side of them. There was a special blow-up track they stayed on for racing purposes. Poker and other casino games were being played in the main gym, and a magician roamed around doing his various tricks.

In the center aisle of the main hallway tables were lined with food. There were drinks of all kind from soda to ice tea. Valentino’s pizza, Raising Cane’s chicken, and runzas from Runza  were all there waiting to be devoured. Desserts included cookies and brownies were at the end of the tables. Krispy Kreme donuts were also available in the last couple hours of post prom.

At the end of the party, tired Spartans and guests headed home to hibernate after a long night of dancing and games.