The End is Near

Photo by dancepixs
A picture of girls dancing at the Spotlight Dance Cup Nationals in 2016

As the school year draws to a close many spartans are preparing for summer, and plans for after school life begin brewing.  Some plan on working all summer;saving up for college, or vacationing somewhere tropical and working on their tan.  As for me I plan on doing a little of both-mixing work and pleasure.  As a senior, I’ll  be saving up for the essentials of being on my own for the first time in my life; but I also will be traveling to Florida to feel the ocean breeze on my midwestern skin, and enjoy the summer with family before reality sets in.  I was curious what other seniors, underclassmen, and staff would be doing so I asked and here are their thoughts.

As for senior Taylor Green her summer will be jam packed with fun.  “First I’ll be going to St. Louis to visit my dad and take pictures at the graffiti wall, where local artists go to show off their work.” she explained.  “Next I’ll be ‘gettin’ down in Chi-Town’(Chicago), by going to the Shedd Aquarium and enjoying a jazz music festival with Benny Golson playing!”  Green said.  Besides her travels outside Nebraska Taylor will also be enjoying an array of watersports at Lake of the Ozarks and Elkhorn River, like tubing and jet skiing.  “This will be like no summer before!” Green said excitedly while describing her plans.

As for teacher and dance coach Sarah Hartman, she plans on traveling to Grand Lake Geneva in Wisconsin for the Spotlight Dance Cup Nationals.  “I am so excited to attend Nationals with my dance studio.  It is such a rewarding experience to witness all of their[her dance students] hard work and passion at the final competition of the season!”  Hartman explained.   She went on to tell me about her other plans throughout the summer like traveling to Chicago for a little vacation.

It’s safe to say many spartans are going to be quite busy this summer.  Whether it’s having a little fun on the water or traveling outside Nebraska, this summer will be definitely one to remember!