Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

Chynna Burgess: An Argumentative, Angsty Voices Editor

I/ENTP. SAGITTARIUS. BUNNY.

Hey guys, I’m Chynna Burgess.  Chynna as in the Asian country, Burgess as in the colonial government building.  

I’m a senior here at East High, which means this is my third and last year of serving on the Oracle Staff.  I am currently the editor of our Voices section.  It’s safe to say that this year, the Oracle will be playing devil’s advocate in this section.  

I have three motivations, music, old books, and LED lights. Odd choices?  Okay, okay, the last two are a bit out of the ordinary.  

Music has been a part of my life since the beginning, and it has really helped me get through some of my more angsty mid-teenage crises. The main music that blasts out of my five-buck-ear-buds is the most angsty pop punk music known to man.  I’m not angsty, but I just like to feel like I’m an edgy human being.  

Old books, because I can’t resist the idea of a book that’s been passed down from hand to hand.  Yellowed pages, dusty covers, broken spines, and scrawled notes on every page, is what truly excites me.  

LED lights have become an inside joke between the theatre department and me.  I’m planning on going on after high school to study technical theatre, in hopes of maybe becoming a lighting designer.  Since my freshmen year, I have worked on almost every play and musical here at East.  This year I’m one of East’s ITS (International Thespian Society) officers.  

Welcome to the Oracle…