What the Hecka is DECA?

Last years DECA chapter
Last years DECA chapter

Lincoln East High is home to so many clubs; there is one for everyone. One of these clubs is DECA. DECA is a nationwide club with over 3500 high school chapters. Lauren McCullough, a junior, has started her second year as member of the club, and after talking to her, I learned a little more about it. “DECA is a marketing club that participates in categories like hospitality, tourism, marketing and finance, and business and administration. We also do community service projects as well, and this month on the 30th, we are going to make fleece blankets for hospitals like Saint Elizabeth’s. DECA is just a really fun club where you get to make a lot of new friends and you get to meet kids from other schools, and the competitions help prepare you for life.” Kayla Tamanaha is also a member of DECA, and this is her second year as well. She enjoys DECA very much and said that she’s had many positive things happen since she became a member. Mr. Maw is the teacher in charge of the club. Mr. Maw is a new teacher at East this year. He also teaches Marketing and Take Charge. Peyton Bash, a senior, is the president of DECA. Anyone interested in joining DECA can contact Peyton Bash, or Mr. Maw in room 118!