Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

Another New Addition to the PE Department

As East’s student body continues to expand, so does the teaching staff.  Kara Foster, Pius X grad and Lincoln native, has joined in her eyes “the best PE department in the city.”  Foster has taught kids from Kindergarten to high school, and most recently at Irving Middle School.

But she wasn’t always set on physical education or teaching at all.  After a temporary stint as a business major, Foster knew that teaching was the way to go.  It wasn’t until her junior year in college that Foster found her passion for physical education.

“ I woke up one day and had a revelation – “What am I doing?  I want to show kids that exercise and activity can be fun; no matter how good you are!” said Foster.

Foster continues her love for physical education by introducing IHT Spirit wrist based heart rate monitors to her PE classes. The use of these heart monitors allow students to push themselves and have an actual representation of their exertion level during class.  The use of these monitors will increase during quarters 2 and 3 in Foster’s Fitness for Life, Lifetime and Team Sports classes.

Foster encourages students to go beyond the required PE credits, and to take every PE class Lincoln East has to offer.

“My motto,” says Foster, “PE is the one class that can save your life.”