Spooky Snacks

Sydni+Springer%2C+Vice+President-Elect+of+the+Lincoln+East+HOSA+chapter%2C+organizing+snacks+for+HOSA+Halloween+on+October+31%2C+2017+outside+of+the+cafeteria.+
Sydni Springer, Vice President-Elect of the Lincoln East HOSA chapter, organizing snacks for HOSA Halloween on October 31, 2017 outside of the cafeteria.

Photo by Morgan Valley

Photo by Morgan Valley

Morgan Valley

What is HOSA Halloween? The Lincoln East High School chapter of HOSA, Health Occupations Students of America, is given a grant by East’s nurses office. The grant is used to purchase healthy snacks that are assembled by members of HOSA.  Members stayed after school on Monday, October 30th in order to prepare the Halloween themed treats.

The group spent an hour making cups of healthy, Halloween themed snacks for the student body of East. The group made 250 cups of Chex Mix, 60 cups of grapes, and around 100 cups of oranges. At each lunch, more HOSA members volunteered to hand out treats at each lunch, at no charge to the student body of East.

Asides from the actual event, many members enjoyed the process of preparing HOSA Halloween. They could connect and have a good time with other members, all for a good cause. The group enjoyed hanging out with other members, with the occasional taste test of treats.  “The best thing about the school day,” said HOSA member Abby Porter.

“It’s really fun, I enjoyed helping out and giving back to the community,” answered Nayana Nagaraj what she enjoyed about the event.