Seniors of the Oracle

Oracle group photo.

Photo by Luke Borgmann

Oracle group photo.

The 2017-2018 school year is coming to an end, which means the Class of 2018 will be making their final marks on Lincoln East High. The Oracle is saying farewell and good luck to seven seniors that we have been blessed to have as apart of our staff. Many of these seniors being editors, staff writers, and artists

Angel Trinh, the Oracle’s Editor-in Chief, is going to attend Northwest Missouri State University to study multimedia journalism. “Looking back on the year and what we’ve accomplished as editors and my journey as a journalist,” is what Trinh says is her favorite memories from the Oracle.

Kierstin Foote took on two important roles on the Oracle this year by being our Arts and Entertainment Editor, as well as the Business Editor. She will being attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, majoring in interior design and minoring in marketing. Foote’s favorite memory from being a part of the Oracle was getting to meet new people and making “Life long friendships.”

Our Voices Editor, Chynna Burgess, plans on going to Southeast Community College as an academic transfer. After that she plans to attend UNL to major in journalism and minor in theatre.

Devon Walter is the Focus and Graphic Design Editor. Going to Southeast Community College, she plans to get her associates degree in electrical engineering. Following her education at SCC, she will attend UNL to receive her bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, as well as minoring in photo journalism and language.  Walter enjoyed talking with people and becoming an editor and helping others critique their work the most during her time on the Oracle, also “Becoming friends with Chynna and goofing off with her.”

Our next featured senior, CJ Bates, is a contributing staff writer on the newspaper. “My favorite memory was seeing my first story being published,” says Bates. Her post-high school plans include furthering her education at UNL, majoring in Elementary education, and minoring in special education.

Sports Writer Gage Pohlmeier plans on attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to study and major in sports media communications. After reminiscing over his time spent writing for the Oracle, his favorite memory was taking the group photo outside.

The creator of “Bones,” Nicholas Rippe is the Oracle’s Graphic Artist. After high school he plans to attend UNL to major in art. “My favorite memory was getting the second print done.”

About the Contributors
Emily Bray, A&E Editor

Emily Bray is a junior at Lincoln East High School and this is her second year on the Oracle staff.  Bray is a varsity cheerleader at East and an honor...

Luke Borgmann, Photographer

Luke has been doing photography for about 5 years now. This is his 3rd year on the newspaper staff and he made 3 covers his freshman year. Outside of school...