Back to school bug

Back to Article
Back to Article

Back to school bug

With a surplus of students crammed into tight classroom quarters and  roaming the halls, the attendance and nurses office have been bombarded with a plethora of sickly students. Only three weeks into the school year and a stomach bug has been seemingly sweeping through the student body metaphorically and quite literally, causing absences to soar and chaos to fizz. It seems  almost unavoidable, as it is hard to go through one day of classes without comments being made on the low attendance, or absent students and faculty. 

In an exclusive interview with Mrs. Guill, the primary women in charge of attendance at East, she stated that nearly 359 students in the last three weeks have been marked absent from school due to illness alone. Having the overall population of Lincoln East greatly surpassing its capacity does not assist in the problem either, and only contributes to the spreading of sickness at a more rapid rate. This is only one issue on the laundry list of repercussions that the students have to deal with in the battle with overpopulation. That being said, be sure to take the proper procedures when a sickness like this is spreading, washing your hands and getting lots of rest are simple ways to hopefully avoid catching this unwanted bug.  The whole school year is still ahead of us and optimism is at an all time high that in the following weeks students won’t be so home-sick.