UNL hosts virtual college meeting

Photo by Faqeha Qureshi

Madelyn Wurth, UNL’s Recruiter Specialist, gives an overview of the University’s objective to the 40 or so East High School students.

Madelyn Wurth, a Recruiter Specialist for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln led a virtual college meeting for East High School students on October 8th. They talked to students about what to expect before applying to the school, from the variety of majors and clubs they offer, to the admission process.
“We have many opportunities,” Madelyn states. “And we want to give you all of the individual attention … we can because you are coming here to … further your education.”
UNL offers around 150 majors for undergraduates. The Career Center is the place to go to get more information on which subjects students plan on taking. About 500,000 organizations are also held on campus, as the school encourages its students to take part in activities outside of class.
To be accepted, one must have a GPA of 3.0 at a minimum. Alternatively, the composite ACT score should be 20+, or a combined SAT score of 1030 or higher.
UNL strives to make sure all students achieve their goals and become more successful in life. “We want you to know that you are not just buying a piece of paper in Nebraska,” Madelyn says. “You are going to gain that wonderful world-leading experience, you’re going to better yourself in your academic field, and … know … the challenges you will overcome and new experiences will set your path towards success.”
UNL Career Services, (402) 472-3145
[email protected]
M-F 8 am – 5 pm