Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

402 Creamery releases five spookily good new flavors

Photo by Kylie Brown
(L-R) A platter tray of four of 402 Creamery’s popular ice creams, Pumpkin Scream Cheese, Goblin Grub, Cookies ‘n Cream, and Creepy Crawlers, October 25, 2023. All of these ice creams, with the exception of Cookies ‘n Cream, are a part of 402 Creamery’s new fall menu.

This 2023 fall season, Lincoln ice cream location 402 Creamery has released a whole slew of new fall flavors for people to enjoy. The creamery, which has three locations in Lincoln (7101 Kentwell Lane, 330 South 21st Street, Suite 101, and 570 Fallbrook Blvd., Suite 102, and with all locations open 12-9 pm Sunday – Thursday, and 12 pm-10 pm Friday – Saturday), has added five new fall flavors to its menu, each offering a whole new take on traditional fall flavors.

First on the new fall menu is “Pumpkin Scream Cheese”, a rich cream cheese ice cream filled with pumpkin-cheesecake bars, oats, and caramel swirls. With an incredible richness and flavor, this ice cream is delicious.

Next is “Creepy Crawlers”, a dark chocolate ice cream with Oreo chunks, pudding swirls, and topped with gummy worms. While not as complex as some of the other flavors on the menu, Creepy Crawlers has a rich and fudgy taste that makes it a long-time favorite.

“One of my all-time favorites ever, even last year, was Creepy Crawlers,” Joscelyn, an employee of 402 Creamery said. “There’s not a lot going on, but it’s really good.”

“In-Cider Scoop” is up next, a gluten-free ice cream full of apple swirl, oat crumbles, and made with actual cider from Nebraska cidery, Saro Cider. With an incredible flavor reminiscent of warm apple pies, this ice cream stands out as a unique must-try.

“Goblin Grub”, a salty peanut butter ice cream full of pretzel crumbs, butterscotch swirls, chocolate ganache, and peanut brittle, is a wonderfully potent option for this fall. Combining the sweet, salty, and rich of several different flavors, this ice cream provides a whole new perspective on fall flavor.

And finally, a vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free ice cream, “Twix-or-Treat” is a chocolate coconut ice cream mixed with shortbread cookies and coconut caramel swirls that anyone can enjoy. With a wonderfully smooth, chocolatey-caramel taste, this one is definitely a win.

As 402 Creamery makes a point to remind customers on their official website, “Five seasonal flavors rotate monthly, so be sure to try these new flavors before they’re gone!”