Lincoln East High School's home of Spartan news

Taste holiday cheer with the Starbucks winter items

Photo by Ava Heminger
Starbucks drops the winter menu on November 2, 2023, bringing lots of holiday cheer with it. The popular items, like the Peppermint Mocha and Peppermint Cake Pop, featured in the photo, are just a few of the fan-favorites.

Starbucks launched its winter menu on November 2nd, 2023, bringing back popular classics like Peppermint Mocha and Caramel Brulee Latte to all Starbucks locations. In addition to the favorites we all know and love, there are new festive flavors this year, including Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai. So do all of these popular drinks live up to their hype?

This year the Starbucks show-stopping Peppermint Mocha returns as delicious as ever, consisting of a classic roast mixed with steamed milk, mocha sauce, peppermint flavoring, and finally topped with whipped cream and chocolate flakes. The chocolate from the mocha and peppermint syrup makes a delightful blend of perfect cheer for the winter season.

Another option lesser known than the Peppermint Mocha is its pair, the White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha, a great choice if you’re searching for something different than the other drinks. The flavors balance each other out, creating a delicate and smooth minty taste.

For something different than what you’re used to, the new Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai combines warm gingerbread notes with oatmilk to create a cold holiday beverage made just the right way. These comforting flavors are fitting for this holiday season, and make a great pick-me-up during those chilly winter weeks.

Along with the drinks, Starbucks has seasonal pastry items just as tasty. The Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop has white chocolate frosting, creating a rich flavor when mixed with the brownie cake inside, and the crushed pieces of candy cane make a 10/10 topper for this treat.

Something you should also try this winter is the Cranberry Bliss Bar. It’s made up of a scrumptious blondie cake and orange cream cheese frosting duo. The sweetness of the cranberries on top are exactly what you might need to fill your cravings, making this by far the most optimal food choice on this year’s menu.

“Usually during the holiday season, every person’s order includes at least one holiday drink,” Starbucks employee Anika Keese said. “I think we get a lot more customers during this time of year simply because of these drinks.”