Prepping for the Seussical the Musical; behind the scenes

Photo by Cyan Seymour
(L-R) Raiyn Elerson , Joanna Ou, Emily Schmersal, and Kipkip Hung paint trees for the set of The Seussical in the Black Box. The painting process is very lengthy and not for the most patient people.

Is anyone ready to go and see The Seussical the musical? I mean, with all that work that is being put into it, it has to be good. The tech and the actors commit hours of their life just to put on the perfect show for the audience. Hours upon hours of work going into this performance from many students all around the school. The musical is taking place on October 26th through the 28th. Do you have your tickets yet?

The Seussical is about Dr. Seuss and his many creations and stories. The big stories like Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hears a Who, etc. The many groups that work behind the scenes of the musical include the tech, actors and the musicians.

“I go there usually about an hour after school everyday,” tech member Cinae Schneider said. “So for me, about five hours a week.”

Tech is very flexible with how much the members go, so they could put in less or more than five hours. They get work done with the time that they have, and the people that attend tech are hard workers, building and painting everything for the actors to use safely and perform the best they can.

“I rehearse everyday after school from 3:30 to 5:30,” actor Korbin Ockander said. “So between one and two hours a day, depending on how long I have to stay for certain songs.”

The amount of effort and practice from every side of the musical takes hours. Hours of time that students put into their schedules to put on a show for their school and their families. All the sets are being fixed, and the actors and musicians are practicing. So, when will you be buying your tickets? They can be purchased soon and news will be put out in the announcements soon.