J.P. Acres provides unique opportunity with their Alpaca farm

Photo by Photo courtesy of Tatum Lewis
Owen Lewis (left) and Tatum Lewis (right) pose for a picture with Romeo the alpaca at J.P. Acres. Romeo is just one of many alpacas that you can visit at the J.P. Acres alpaca farm.

The J.P. Acres Alpaca farm is a family-friendly hidden gem right outside of Lincoln. Located at 10000 Benton St, J.P. Acres is a small farm with friendly alpacas, along with other animals. You can walk, play, and pose with these fluffy animals, for no cost at all.

Joel Armstrong, the owner of J.P. Acres moved to his residence 33 years ago, but has only had animals for the past 25 years. He has allowed visitors to come and see his animals for as long as he has had them. He used to run the Star City Llama Club, but retired from that 15 years ago. Now, he just focuses on running his farm and welcoming visitors.

As far as activities go, one can walk, talk, feed, play, or even have picnics with the alpacas. In order to visit the farm, an appointment has to be made by either email or text. The farm is typically open all days of the week from 10am-4pm. Visiting the alpacas is completely free for one hour, however you can purchase various things at the gift shop, including alpaca inspired items.

The Alpacas that you can visit are all super friendly and calm. The experience that this farm brings is definitely something that is family-friendly and a worthwhile visit. The alpacas love to take photos and go on walks through the vineyard on the farm.

“The Alpaca farm was a really cool experience,” Owen Lewis, sophomore, said. “This is definitely a hidden gem that not a lot of people know about. It’s something that I would recommend for people to go to.”

While this unique opportunity in Lincoln is something that isn’t well known, it’s a great place for families and friends to visit. There is so much to learn about these animals and J.P. Acres is impacting Lincoln-area residents in a positive way with this opportunity.

“I think our impact has been a greater understanding of alpacas and interacting with them and having fun while doing it,” Armstrong said. “I think the people have really enjoyed interacting with the alpacas in a safe environment, learning about them, taking them for walks, and hopefully having a great time overall.”

Make sure to check out J.P. Acres at 10000 Benton St for a fun and free activity for all ages.