Annual Sparties awards bring out big crowd

Nominees+Alex+Petty%2C+Maxx+Mayfield%2C+and+Justin+Reed+waiting+for+votes+to+be+submitted+at+Sparties.+

Nominees Alex Petty, Maxx Mayfield, and Justin Reed waiting for votes to be submitted at Sparties.

East’s annual Sparties Awards took place Thursday, December 6th. Previously this week, the student body nominated their peers in various categories during all three lunches. All of the votes have led up to a night in the East Auditorium, filled with the nominees and prospects dressed in semi-formal attire, voting for the student who best fits the title. Some of the categories included most creatively dressed, most patriotic, etc. Alex Tessendorf, a junior on East’s Student Council, had spent a plethora of time organizing and participating in getting ready for the event. “My favorite part is dressing up all cute and spending time with StuCo while laughing at all of the MC’s skits,” says Tessendorf. “It’s almost like a tradition. There are always new people being voted for in different events, new MCs with different ideas, different categories, and just an overall fun event that StuCo thinks is a big part of our year.” This year, the proceeds made from Sparties were contributed to the Make A Wish organization. Student Council’s goal was to raise as much money as possible through the event, as well as create an enjoyable event for all ages. Tessendorf, as well as the East High student body, are all excited and eager to see what Sparties has in store for us next year.