Filed under 2018-2019, A&E, Showcase

Spartan spectacular

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spartan spectacular

East High’s Elegance first soloist Celeste Hellbusch singing at in the exhibition performance at Spartan Spectacular on Saturday, January 26.

On Saturday, January 26, East High hosted our annual show choir competition. It started promptly at 8 in the morning, and it ended somewhere around 10 p.m. The stress was on for the people working hard to keep everything in order all day long. Schools came from various places and competed to see who had the best vocals, soloists male and female, and the cleanest choreography. In show choir, there are different divisions. For example, there is Prep, Women’s, A division, and AA division. At daytime awards in the Prep division, third went to Norris’s 68th St. Singers, second Elkhorn High’s Nexus, and first went to Southwest Ambience. In the women’s division, second place went to Elkhorn Highs Exhilaration and first place went to Broken Arrow’s In Motion. In the A division, second place Marion’s New Creation and first place went to Norris Gold. In the AA division, third place went to Broken Arrow Tiger Rhythm, second place Elkor Excell, and first Southwest’s Resonance. In the daytime awards, six finalists were named. The finalists included Marion New Creation, Papillion Lavista Free Spirit, Elkhorn Excell, Southwest Resonance, Broken Arrow Tiger Rhythm, and Norris Gold. After the six finalists did there show again only three of the groups could receive trophies. First place went to Southwest, while second place was Elkhorn High’s Excell and third Broken Arrow Tiger Rhythm.

About the Writer
Mady Hoyt, Staff Writer

Senior Mady Hoyt is a first year student on the Oracle, although last year Mady freelanced, and wrote a few stellar articles, one named “Expectation...